- About the Run
- Aid Stations
- Course Map
- Elevation chart
- Rules and Regulations
About the Run
Date: Friday, February 7, 2020
Elevation Gain: 228m
Start Time: 06:00
Cut-Off Time: 13:00 (7 hours – 8.4 minutes per 1 kilometer)
Minimum Age: 19 years old
The 50K Ultra Marathon starts on Ein Bokek Junction (on route 90) and heading north alongside the Dead Sea scenic shoreline and sparkling blue and turquoise water on the right.
After approximately 4km, the course turns east onto the spacious dike, a flat compact dirt road. Note that this course approaches the Jordanian border, a demilitarization zone and a mine hazard area on the east, and do not deviate from the marked path.
Continuing south for approximately 22km, alongside Ein Bokek hotel district on the right and the Jordanian border on the left, it is a wonderful opportunity to view the amazing salt crystal formations on the right. The course turns back north by the 25km mark and around the Dead Sea southern basin.
The final 5 kilometers take runners back south along the new hotel promenade (note Nahal Ein Bokek crossing) on the way to the festive beachfront finish area, opposite the new Dead Sea Mall. Well Done!
- All participants must complete and sign the health declaration and waiver statement. The form must be submitted to the registration team upon collection of race pack. [Download Form here]
The Israeli Athletics Association (IAA) officially recognizes the results of this competition. Dead Sea Marathon is measured by an AIMS-certified expert.
- Feeding stations will be located every 2-3 kilometers, serving mostly water and isotonic drinks.
- Aid stations for the long distance runners will provide gels, snacks, and fruit as well. Most of the feeding stations will be passed twice, on the way back and forth. Refreshment stands will provide bottled water and isotonic drinks in cups.
- Nutrition stops exact location and service are subject to change.
- You must carry a personal water bag/hydration belt with your choice of snack bar and/or gel. There is no special service available for runners to deposit food/clothing along the course.
1st Stop – on the promenade near kilometer 3 – water only
2nd Stop – at the dike’s entrance near kilometer 6/43 – water, isotonic drinks, 2X toilets booth
4rd Stop – on the dike near kilometer 8.5/40.5 – water, isotonic drinks, 2X toilets booth
5th Stop – on the dike near kilometer 12/37 – water, isotonic drinks, gels, dates, bananas
6th Stop – entrance to inside dike near kilometer 14.5/34.5 – water, isotonic drinks, gels, dates, 2X toilets booth
7th Stop – on the dike near kilometer 18.5/23.5 – water, isotonic drinks, gels, dates, bananas
8th Stop – at the course turning point on the dike near kilometer 20.5 – water only.
9th Stop – on the dike near kilometer 28/32.5 – water, isotonic drinks.
3th Stop – on the promenade near kilometer 48 – water, isotonic drinks.
- If fewer than five runners are classified in one category, we will cancel this category and classify the runners in the preceding or subsequent age-group category.
- Age categories are determined by year of birth rather than exact date of birth, i.e.: a participant born in February 1990 and a participant born at the end of December of that year are both classified as 30 years old. Age category is set prior to the race during check-in.
1st Place: Men / Women – 2,400 NIS each
2nd Place: Men / Women – 1,800 NIS each
3rd Place: Men / Women – 1,000 NIS each
- Money Prizes will be awarded only to men and women in the first three places of the general category.
- Winners in other categories will be awarded trophies cups.
Rules and Regulations
- The right to participate in the race is reserved for those who registered, paid and appear on the list of participants, presented in person all the required documents and certificates during the registration process, and signed a health declaration form at packet pick-up.
- Race bib exchange is not allowed, participation under a false identity is strictly prohibited and hazardous.
- All participants are required to run wearing a shirt or undershirt (doesn’t have to be the race’s shirt), and the race’s bib number with timing chip received at race kit pickup, prior to the race.
- Race officials – referees, marshals, organizers, management and rescue vehicles, army and police – must be obeyed at all times. Participants who fail to adhere to this rule will be disqualified.
- The organizers reserve the right to deny a participant the right to continue the race if for any reason the race team concluded that the participant’s safety and/or health are at risk.
- Littering is prohibited and will result in an immediate disqualification. All waste must be appropriately collected and may be disposed of only at checkpoints and refreshment stops.
- Good sports behavior should be maintained throughout the competition and in life in general. Participants who will violate rules of conduct and proper behavior towards referees, marshals, other competitors or other users of the area (pedestrians, spectators, etc.) will be disqualified. Examples of unsportsmanlike behavior: violent bypassing, cursing, pushing, endangering others.
- Spectators may not join the course in order to run or cycle alongside race participants.
- Any participant who for any reason is forced to retire from the race will immediately report to the race team. An emergency phone number appears on the racing bib. Participants who leave the course without notifying the organizers may be charged the cost of the search teams that will be called in.
- Official course routes are marked with arrows. Do not deviate from the marked course. Slow down and look for the official race markings at every intersection before proceeding appropriately in the right direction. Do not turn at any intersection unless otherwise directed by the official arrow marking. A red arrow pointing downward marks a potential hazard on course – a crevice, a hole, a rock, a slope, etc.
- Professional race timing by B-Timing.
- Gun timing starts the race clock.
- Appeals: any appeal that may affect the order of first three places of each category should be submitted within 30 minutes from result publishing. 400 ILS submission fee is refundable only when appeal is accepted. No appeals will be allowed during the award ceremony.
Errors and Omissions Excepted (E&OE)