SOLD OUT – Registration is closed
Thousands of runners confirmed their participation in this special running challenge to explore this wonderful terrain for the first time.
Race Bib Pick-Up
You are welcome to pick-up your race pack on Thursday 31/1 at the Expo of the race on the finish line at the Dead Sea new promenade between 16:00 – 20:00.
On the day of the race 1/2/19 a Bib pick up service will be found on the start area of the race.
- All participants must complete and sign the health declaration and waiver statement. The form must be submitted to the registration team upon collection of race pack. Download Form here
- We advise you to recheck your personal details on the 2019 Dead Sea Marathon participant list web page prior to race pack pick-up. If you find any error (name spelling, gender, etc.) please inform us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Arrival and Parking
Route 90 blocking
In the morning of the Dead Sea Marathon event on February 1, 2019, Route 90 will be closed to traffic in both directions from Ein Bokek hotel district to Masada Junction, starting 05:30 until 09:00. You are advised to arrive in Ein Bokek from the south, through Arad. Participants wishing to travel from the north (Ein Gedi, Jerusalem, etc.) should plan to arrive at Ein Bokek before 05:30.
Upon arrival you will be directed to the parking lot located near hotel Isrotel Ganim and the race finish area. Direction signs, ushers and marshals will lead you to the assembly area and starting line located 1km to the north. Lavatory facilities will be available for your convenience at the parking area.
Parking is prohibited in a non-designated area or areas marked in red and white.
Blue and white marked parking areas are paid parking zone. You can pay by Pango, Cellopark or on-site parking meters.
Start and Finish Areas
The starting line is set on Route 90 on Ein Bokek Junction heading north and the finish line is on the promenade beach next to the Dead Sea Mall, approximately 1.5km apart. At the start area you will find hot/cold drinks stand, lavatory facilities and Race Pack Pick-Up station. If you haven’t picked-up your race pack in advance as recommended, please arrive approximately 1½ hour before race starting time. For your convenience, a special bus service will operate in the Ein Bokek hotel district from south of the starting line with several stops along Ein Bokek road. No weapons will be allowed into the event area and there will be no weapon check-in service by the entrance.
Course Maps and Water/Nutrition Stops Location Update
Course maps were updated according to accurate course measurement as well as distances between water/nutrition stops, nutrition specifications and lavatory facilities location along the course. Please visit the 2019 Dead Sea Marathon website for valuable information about race courses and water/nutrition stops.
Expand your marathon event experience to make it a full sporting weekend for all the family. Enjoy a good night sleep before the race, waking up only fifteen minutes away from the starting line, as well as the comforts of hotel pool and spa after you crossed the finish line.
Our choice hotels are:
- Herods Dead Sea – a luxury 5 stars spa hotel (5 stars) on the Dead Sea beachfront.
- Leonardo Plaza Hotel Dead Sea – a pampering spa vacation on a cliff overlooking the breathtaking view of the Dead Sea.
- Leonardo Club Dead Sea – an all-inclusive hotel and water park experience for all the family.
- Leonardo Inn Dead Sea – a tranquil and intimate vacation atmosphere embraced by the landscapes of Sodom Mountain and the Dead Sea.
* Choose from a variety of accommodation package options – 1 night / 2 nights / + child / and more.
Paid Bus Service from Tel Aviv and back
Time: 03:00 (am)
Location: Departure from the parking lot of The Olympic Experience national sports center.
Address: 6 Bekhor Shalom Shitrit Street, Hadar Yosef, Tel-Aviv
Fee: 150 ILS (round-trip)
Advance online registration is required. The bus will not wait for late passengers. Departure from Ein Bokek as soon as all passengers arrive at the bus (even if earlier than estimated time)
Baggage Storage Service
Baggage storage service will be available at the start area (pre-paid through the online registration system) for depositing bags and valuables before the race and collecting them at the end of the event at the finish area. Participant identification will be confirmed by bib number.