- Races and Fees
- Race Kit Pickup
- Arrival and Parking
- Transportation for runners
- Baggage Storage Service
- Cancellation Policy
- Group Registration
- Participant List - Foreign
Thursday, February 6
16:00 – Expo and Race Bib Pick-Up on event site – until 21:00
17:00 – Family sport activities on the beach
18:30 – Race briefing (Hebrew and English) on event site
21:00 – End of activities at Expo area
Friday, February 7
05:00 – Start Area ready with Race Bib Pick-Up and Coffee Shop
06:15 – Marathon and 50K – Start Time
07:00 – 21.1K Veridis Half-Marathon – Start Time
08:30 – 10K Run in memory of Tomer and Giora Ron – Start Time
08:45 – 5K – Start Time
08:00 – Expo Lifestyle and Sports Exhibition Opening
Award Ceremonies and the Concluding Ceremony
10:30 – 5K and 10K Award Ceremony
11:00 – 21.1K and 42.2K Dead Sea Marathon Award Ceremony
12:00 – 50K Ultra-Marathon Israel Championship Award Ceremony
- There may be schedule changes, please re-check for updates prior to the event.
- Award ceremony may be held earlier when winners of all categories finish the race before the scheduled time.
Races and Fees
Jan. 6, 2020 – FEB. 1, 2020
- Registration for international runners via [World’s Marathons website]
- Israeli participants can register trough Hebrew registration system (accept only local credit cards).
- Entry fees are subject to change at any time.
- Race kit includes: Entry, Race Bib and safety pins, Race booklet, Participants complimentary gift.
Race Kit Pickup
Early race bib pick-up
Early race pack pick-up will be held a week before the race (January 30-31) in Tel Aviv, at the new Velodrome complex. Address: Bechor Shalom Shitrit 10a, Tel Aviv, free parking.
Thursday: 30/1 – 15:00 – 20:00 | Friday: 31/1 – 08:00 – 15:00
Thursday – 6/2/2020
Race kit distribution booth will operate at the race’s EXPO on Thursday February 6 (The day before the race). The EXPO is located at the finish line in Ein Bokek beach, in front of Isrotel Ganim hotel.
The site will be open from 16:00 – 21:00.
- All participants must complete and sign the health declaration and waiver statement. The form must be submitted to the registration team upon collection of race pack. [Download Form here]
- We advise you to recheck your personal details on the 2020 Dead Sea Marathon participant list web page prior to race pack pick-up. If you find any error (name spelling, gender, etc.) please inform us at email@example.com
Route 90 blocking – UPDATE
This year there will be no blocking of route 90 due to new and improved race course. Participants wishing to travel from the north (Ein Gedi, Jerusalem, etc.) are welcome to do so.
Waze Navigation app
Using Waze navigation app – search for “Parking – Dead Sea Marathon”
From mobile (need Waze app) – [Press here]
Upon arrival you will be directed to the parking lot located near hotel Isrotel Ganim and the race finish area. Direction signs, ushers and marshals will lead you to the assembly area and starting line located 1km to the south. Parking is prohibited in areas marked in red and white.
Arrival and Parking
Start and Finish Areas
The gathering and start area located on the artificial island in front of the Isrotel Dead Sea Hotel, with kit distribution booth and hot drinks / water stands.
the finish line is on the promenade beach next to the Dead Sea Mall, approximately 800m’ apart.
- At the start area you will find hot/cold drinks stand, lavatory facilities and Race Pack Pick-Up station. If you haven’t picked-up your race pack in advance as recommended, please arrive approximately 1½ hour before race starting time.
- For your convenience, a special bus service will operate in the Ein Bokek hotel district from south of the starting line with several stops along Ein Bokek road.
- No weapons will be allowed into the event area and there will be no weapon check-in service by the entrance.
Transportation for runners
The race organization provide a coach service from Tel Aviv and from Jerusalem to the race and back at the same day.
Tel Aviv – Departure – Friday 7/2/20
Time: 02:30, Arrive to race: 05:00 (an hour before marathon and 50km races start)
Location: Bechor Shalom Shitrit 6 Tel Aviv (a big free parking lot)
Return Time: 13:00, Arrive to Tel Aviv: 15:00
Fee: 45 Euro (via online registration system)
Location of Bus station in Tel Aviv (Bekhor Shalom Shitrit6)
Jerusalem – Departure – Friday 7/2/20
Time: 03:30, Arrive to race: 05:00 (an hour before marathon and 50km races start.
Location: Near Teddy Stadium (more info soon).
Return Time: 13:00, Arrive to Jerusalem: 14:00
Fee: 30 Euro (via online registration system)
Location of Bus station in Jerusalem (Tedi – East Parking)
- Advance online registration is required.
- The bus will not wait for late passengers.
- Departure from Ein Bokek as soon as all passengers arrive at the bus (even if earlier than estimated time)
Baggage Storage Service
Baggage storage service will be available at the start area (pre-paid through the online registration system) for depositing bags and valuables before the race and collecting them at the end of the event at the finish area.
Participant identification will be confirmed by bib number.
The Dead Sea Marathon pacemaker (pace dictators) service is managed by Daniel Keren’s Tel Aviv Runners’ Club. This service is available in all races except the 5K.
10K – 45, 50, 55, 60, 70
21.1K – 1:40, 1:50, 2:00, 2:15, 2:30
42.2K – 03:30, 04:00, 04:15, 04:30, 05:00
50K – 05:30, 06:00
- Cancellation policy subject to the Consumer Protection Law 1981 “Transaction Cancellation”.
- Service/participation cancellation request will be submitted only in writing, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cancellation made within 14 days of registration will be only subject to 15 ILS handling and clearing fees.
Cancellation made 14 days after the date of registration or later will be refunded as follows:
- Cancellation requests received by November 15, 2019 – 60% refund
- Cancellation requests received by January 1, 2020 – 40% refund
- Cancellations requests submitted after January 20, 2020 even when received less than 14 days from registration date will not be refunded.
Registration Update or Changes
- Requests for race change can be submitted by January 1, 2020 subject to 30ILS handling fee. No requests will be considered after this date. If you find any error (name spelling, gender, etc.) please inform us at email@example.com
- Individual participant replacement without coordination with the organizers is strictly prohibited.
- It is advised to revisit the 2020 Dead Sea Marathon website and follow our updates as well as the newsletters that will be sent to you soon.
Participation in the race begins long before the start line. The joint training and the many kilometers you share with team members and coach are worth much more than any podium.
The Dead Sea Marathon team invites large groups of runners (over 15 runners) to rise to the challenge. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for special registration offers and accommodation packages.